- Find your profile folder.
- In it, create a folder named "searchplugins" (without the quotes) if it doesn't exists.
- Save this xml file in it.
- (Re)start Thunderbird.
- Select some text in any mail, right clic and search with bing (sorry).
- Click the DuckDuckGo icon on the left.
- Click the heart icon on the bottom left.
- That's all!
Mozilla added a function to search on the web in the latest versions of Thunderbird.That's nice, but the default search engine is bing. As a DuckDuckGo user, I wanted to add my favourite search engine and use it by default. So here's how to do it.